Olive oil from Priego de Cordoba is the extra virgin olive oil with Designation of Origin that is produced in Priego de Córdoba. Priego de Córdoba, the Designation of Origin with most awards in Spain.
Extra virgin olive oil from Priego de Cordoba
- Olive Oil Priego de Córdoba Empiedro 500 ml9.90 €Extra virgin olive oil. Natural coupage mainly of the varieties picudo and hojiblanca 1. Characteristics of the oil El Empiedro 500 ml: Extra virgin olive oil bottled in a dark flattened bottle a) Aroma The extra virgin olive oil of the Empiedro is a very balanced and soft oil, which presents some nuances in the […]
- Olive oil Priego de Córdoba El Empiedro 2.5 l29.90 €Extra virgin olive oil. Natural coupage mainly of the varieties picudo and hojiblanca Characteristics: Extra virgin olive oil bottled in a can Aroma The extra virgin olive oil of the Empiedro is a very balanced and soft oil, which presents some nuances in the nose herbaceous and fruity apple, fig and tomato. Its taste is […]
- Olive Oil Priego de Córdoba El Empiedro 250 ml5.90 €Extra virgin olive oil. Natural coupage mainly of the varieties picudo and hojiblanca 1. Characteristics of the oil El Empiedro 250 ml: Extra virgin olive oil bottled in a dark flattened bottle a) Aroma The extra virgin olive oil of the Empiedro is a very balanced and soft oil, which presents some nuances in the […]
- Olive oil El Empiedro Priego de Córdoba 500 ml12.90 €Extra virgin olive oil. Natural coupage mainly of the varieties picudo and hojiblanca 1. Characteristics of the El Empiedro box: Extra virgin olive oil bottled in a transparent bottle with a plastic cap and a cardboard box. a) Aroma The extra virgin olive oil of the Empiedro is a very balanced and soft oil, which […]
- Olive oil Priego de Córdoba El Empiedro Selection29.00 €Extra virgin olive oil. Natural coupage mainly of the varieties picudo and hojiblanca 1. Characteristics of the oil selection of El Empiedro: Extra virgin olive oil bottled in a dark glass bottle with a metal cap. The box can be included if you tell us to. a) Aroma The extra virgin olive oil of the […]
Fantastic selection of extra virgin olive oil from Priego de Córdoba.
Summary: Extra virgin olive oils from the Priego de Córdoba Denomination of Origin. This denomination of origin is the one that more prizes agglutinates. Likewise, Priego de Córdoba has ideal soil and climate characteristics for the production of top quality oils. Also, in our store in Las Rozas de Madrid you can find this fantastic selection of oils from Priego de Córdoba.
Related articles: The 5 best Designations of Origin in Spain.
1. Priego de Córdoba Designation of Origin
The Denomination of Origin of Priego de Córdoba is a relatively recent denomination. It was founded in 1995.
It also includes the municipalities of Almedinilla, Carcabuey, Fuente Tójar and Priego de Córdoba. Which, are within the territory of the natural park of the Sierras Subbéticas and Priego de Córdoba.
In addition, this is a denomination very connoisseur of the sector of the olive oil. It is managed by the entire production chain: producers, processors, packagers and marketers.
a) Sierras Subbéticas and Priego de Córdoba Natural Park
The Natural Park of Las Sierras Subbéticas is located in the province of Cordoba and is a protected area since 1988 by the Junta de Andalucía. A space that is also included by UNESCO since 2006 in the European and World Network of Geoparks. Therefore, a place with great charm and great environmental value.
The Parque de las Sierras Subbéticas, where the municipalities that house the Denomination of Priego de Córdoba are located. A mountainous massif that was raised from the seabed by an alpine folding some 250 million years ago.
Video about the Priego de Córdoba region
This park is home to a rich landscape and ecological invaluable that extends over more than 30 000 hectares. The vegetation is typical Mediterranean, with an abundance of oaks and gall oaks, and plants such as lavender, thyme and rosemary. It also houses birds of great interest such as the Leonardo vulture.
In addition, the climate of this area is classified as warm temperate, with mild winters and more rainy winters and long, warm winters. Ideal conditions for achieving the best extra virgin olive oils in Spain.
b) The world’s most awarded denomination
The Designation of Origin Priego de Córdoba is the most awarded in the world for the excellence of its oils.
c) New harvest
The new harvest of Priego de Córdoba oils usually arrives at the end of December and is sometimes delayed until the beginning of January. However, for more information we recommend calling and giving you current data.
d) Quality seals
The following quality seals can be found on these oils
|Certified Quality Seal||Do Priego de Córdoba|
e) Support to the rural sector
Oil mills and cooperatives that provide employment and create wealth in rural areas.
f) Contact details of the Designation of Origin
Phone number: 957 547 034
2. The best olive oil from Priego de Cordoba
The Priego de Córdoba denomination of origin includes numerous cooperatives and oil mills from Priego de Córdoba. After an analysis of the quality of the extra virgin olive oil from Priego de Cordoba, the number of awards received, the seriousness of the facilities and good service, El Cortijuelo de San Benito has selected the following cooperatives and mills as the best of the Denomination of Origin.
- La Purísima de Priego de Córdoba
- Knolive Oil Mill
- Subbética Corner
Next we are going to make a small description of each one of them
Picture 1: Cooperativa la Purísima de Priego de Córdoba
a) Purísima de Priego Cooperative
This cooperative produces extra virgin olive oil of an extraordinary quality with two brands: El Empiedro, which is under the Denomination of Origin of Priego de Córdoba. Its second brand, Prados de Olivo, with which it packs its oil without Denomination of Origin, but which is also an oil from Priego de Cordoba.
The El Empiedro brand is its flagship, with which it is winning the most prestigious national and international awards. This oil stands out for its great fruitiness, harmony and power, with notes of fig tree, freshly cut grass and green almond. At the beginning of the season it is usually accompanied by a very mild itch.
Their oil brands
This cooperative bottles its oil with the Designation of Origin with the Empiedro brand. Its logo is as follows;
The Empiedro brand
Logo of the brand El Empiedro.
Your contact information
Telephone: 957 54 03 41
b) The Knolive oil mill
The Knolive oil mill is another of the oil mills found in the Priego de Córdoba region. They produce their oil under the Knolive brand. They also win the most prestigious national and international awards. In addition, their oils are being used by the best cooks.
Finally, one of the things that most caught my attention in this oil mill, in addition to its great cleanliness and organization, was its colonial decoration. An oil mill that if you pass by, is worth visiting.
c) Other mills and cooperatives
|Parqueoliva||Telephone: 91 677 28 09
|Mueloliva||Telephone:+34 957 547 017
|Rincón la Subbética||Carabuey|
These mills and cooperatives also produce large extra virgin olive oils. However, we do not currently work with them, as they produce very similar oils. Although we will probably include them in the future.
3. Where to buy olive oil from Priego de Córdoba?
Olive oil from Priego de Cordoba oil is one of the most recognized both nationally and globally. For this reason, it is not very difficult to find it in some supermarkets and gourmet shops. In shops specializing in olive oil, it is almost an obligation to have these spectacular oils.
Also, in our physical store in Las Rozas in Madrid you can buy oil from Priego de Cordoba. In addition, if you stop by our physical store, you can try them before you buy them and find out about them.
Finally, if you are a oil from Priego de Cordoba producer, you can contact us if you want to sell your oil here.
4. Priego de Córdoba awards
The prizes given in 2020 to the best oil from Priego de Córdoba are the following:
Oliva Park Gold Series
Olive Oil China Competiton has just given the oil of the Empire the silver medal.
5. Frequnetly asked questions
Among the frequent questions that you usually ask us, these are the most prominent:
Do you send Knolive oil to the United States?
Currently, the Knolive mill does not have the FDA, a document necessary to export oil to the United States. As a consequence, we cannot send it to the United States.
Do you bring fresh oil from Priego de Córdoba?
In December we have fresh oil from the olive oil mill La Purisima in Priego de Cordoba in our store.
Finally, if you would like more information, please contact us without any problem. We are happy to help you.
Monday to Friday:
10:00 a 14:00 y de 17:00 a 20:30
10:00 a 14:30
Contact us for more information
Telephone: 91 603 14 63
Where are we at?
We’re in Spain, Madrid.
Avd Atenas 75, Local 103 Las Rozas